Attorney Bob Jacquard has helped many people get a fresh start by filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. In most cases, clients come in for a free consultation not knowing what to expect after they file for bankruptcy, because the credit industry has such a powerful marketing reach.
If you are considering whether you should file for bankruptcy, we invite you to ask yourself the questions we have posted on the Before You File. For Bankruptcy section of this site. If you answer yes to a few of the questions, it may be time to call us for your free consultation.
While trying to decide about whether to file, here are some things the giant credit industry doesn’t want you to know:
• Life after bankruptcy isn’t tough. Many people get approved for a secured credit card or loan within a year after filing bankruptcy.
• You can keep your house and car, and continue to make payments after bankruptcy.
• Chapter 7 bankruptcy won’t affect your ability to get a student loan.
• Chapter 13 debt relief bankruptcy allows you to lump your tax and student loan debt burden into the repayment plan.
• You can stop a house foreclosure immediately by filing for bankruptcy
• You do not need to sign a repayment plan in your required credit counseling session prior to filing bankruptcy.
When you call the Rhode Island bankruptcy attorney’s office of Robert B. Jacquard, Esq. for a free consultation, we will be able to quickly assess whether or not it will be beneficial for you to file for bankruptcy.